1. Concerns on the continuing
commercialization of medical healthcare have become a source
of tremendous concern in India in recent years. We examine
the question whether doctors can be sent to jail for medical
negligence in India.
2. Late last year, Tamil movie star Khushboo took a great
deal of flak for expressing views sympathetic to a sexually
permissive lifestyle culminating in the filing of criminal
cases against her. If extra marital sex is not a crime, why
should talking about it be a crime, we ask?
3. There is an unspoken assumption in India that all
communication between a client and a lawyer is privileged.
We examine how far this assumption is borne out by the law
4. We commence a new off road journey that started with an
exploration of Lhasa followed by a drive to the beautiful
Zamdrok lake, through Gyandse and Shigatse to Mount
Everest's north face base camp and down to Nepal. Part One
of this journey covers the discovery of Lhasa.
5. Finally, in continuance of the successful interactions we
have had with the business community so far, we share with
you our workshop schedule for the next two months.